mops randomize and mops transform modifier doesn't work

Ask questions about how to achieve specific effects, how to work with certain operators, etc.
meguru

mops randomize and mops transform modifier doesn't work

Post by meguru »

I was watching a donut tutorial and the video introduced MOPS. I used mops_Randomize and mops_Transform_Modifier to randomize sprinkles orientation. But they didn't work.

Could anyone help me look into this problem?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

toadstorm
Site Admin

Re: mops randomize and mops transform modifier doesn't work

Post by toadstorm »

It looks like you have "Ignore zero falloff prims" enabled. If you don't have a falloff attribute upstream and this toggle is enabled, MOPs nodes will have no effect.

If that doesn't help, could you upload your hip file so I can take a look?

meguru

Post by meguru »

Hi, thanks for the quick reply! I disabled Ignore Zero Falloff Prims but it still doesn't have effect. I have my file in the attachment. Really appreciate for your help!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

toadstorm
Site Admin

Post by toadstorm »

The reason this isn't working is a little tricky... you're trying to randomize the mops_falloff attribute, but you also have "Enable Falloff" toggled on and there's no incoming falloff attribute to speak of! In this specific case, MOPs Randomize doesn't automatically initialize a falloff attribute for you. I'll change this in future versions. In the meantime, the easiest fix is to just disable "Enable Falloff" on the MOPs Randomize.

meguru

Post by meguru »

Thanks for your reply! This is helpful :D