Spline Distribute not around center

Post detailed bug reports here, along with HIP files whenever possible. Do not post feature requests!
elmar

Spline Distribute not around center

Post by elmar » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:02 pm

Hey there,

first of all thanks for the great tools you are providing. Unfortunately i have a little issue with the Move Along Spline Node. If i use it in the Distribute mode and a Circle-Node as a Spline (no matter which Primitive Type), there is an offset between the copies and they do not Wrap around the center (See image attached). If you set the Node to resample the Curve it will create a Spiral Transformation between copies.
This would be needed to create a Falloff Around the Length (u) of the Spline.
I also can provide you with the file if needed.

Thank you,
Best,
Elmar
Attachments
2019-04-13 19_56_04-C__Users_Elmar_Desktop_MOPS_alongSpline.hiplc - Houdini Indie Limited-Commercial.png
2019-04-13 19_56_04-C__Users_Elmar_Desktop_MOPS_alongSpline.hiplc - Houdini Indie Limited-Commercial.png (145.8 KiB) Viewed 35 times

toadstorm
Site Admin

Re: Spline Distribute not around center

Post by toadstorm » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:58 pm

This would be easier to debug for certain with a HIP file, but from what you're saying, it sounds like your circle is Closed and not an Open Arc. Move Along Spline doesn't like working on surfaces; your curve needs to either be an open NURBS curve or a polyline primitive.

elmar

Re: Spline Distribute not around center

Post by elmar » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:05 pm

Thanks for the very quick reply. I just tweaked around the circle an needed to increase the order for the NURBS Curve to get more precision on the arc. (Order to 11). So this seems to be a precision issue. I nonetheless uploaded the file here if you still want to have a look. https://send.firefox.com/download/e33df ... b4nbu7_apw

Thank you so much.

Best,
Elmar