Attribute Mapper string value error

Errors? Crashes? Unexpected behavior? Please report here. Attach .HIP files whenever possible to help with debugging.
nathan apffel

Attribute Mapper string value error

Post by nathan apffel »

In a new row with a string attribute when clicking into field to enter text I get:

Code: Select all

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "D:/HDAs/MOPsPlus/MOPsPlus_Indie_20210517/scripts/python\mops_mapper\mapper_delegate.py", line 189, in createEditor
    editor.setText(value)
TypeError: 'PySide2.QtWidgets.QLineEdit.setText' called with wrong argument types:
  PySide2.QtWidgets.QLineEdit.setText(long)
Supported signatures:
  PySide2.QtWidgets.QLineEdit.setText(str) 
I have to click on the select node button and accept a node from the list and then delete that path from the string field and enter my text.

also while i'm here a super helpful new feature for this node would be the ability to reorder rows. instead of having to delete then am re-enter values if you want them in a different order.

mmm-k thanks!

toadstorm
Site Admin

Re: Attribute Mapper string value error

Post by toadstorm »

That bug's a new one! I'll check it out.

You mentioned the reordering in a past thread... I'm working on something, it's just taking a while to beat Qt into submission.

toadstorm
Site Admin

Post by toadstorm »

Hi Nathan,

I'm not able to replicate this bug on my end. Can you tell me what version of Houdini you're using? Is the scene you're working on an upgrade from a much older build of MOPs Plus? I'm testing in both 18.0 and 18.5 and have no trouble modifying string attributes.

nathan apffel

Post by nathan apffel »

Thanks! Yeah that might be it. It might have been from the examples folder. I'm on 18.5.532
thanks for all your work on mops. I use mops all the time.

toadstorm
Site Admin

Post by toadstorm »

If you notice this bug happening in a clean scene, please let me know. I'll keep working on the reordering thing.

Thanks for purchasing, and I'm happy you're enjoying MOPs!

toadstorm
Site Admin

Post by toadstorm »

Today's build adds drag-drop reordering to the Attribute Mapper. Let me know how it works for you!

Henry