error when trying to activate MOPs +

Can't get MOPs installed? Ask here.
arokhsar

error when trying to activate MOPs +

Post by arokhsar »

Hello, when I click the Activate MOPs+ icon in the shelf, I get the following error. I am running Houdini 18.5.408 Indie on a Windows PCVersion 10.0.18363 Build 18363. I installed MOPs by modifying houdini.env.

The attempted operation failed.
Invalid node type name

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "activate_tool", line 20, in <module>
File "C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.408/houdini/python2.7libs\houpythonportion\ui.py", line 1010, in decorator
return func(*args, **kwargs)
File "C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.408/houdini/python2.7libs\hou.py", line 13126, in createNode
return _hou.Node_createNode(self, node_type_name, node_name, run_init_scripts, load_contents, exact_type_name, force_valid_node_name)
OperationFailed: The attempted operation failed.
Invalid node type nameost recent call last):
File

toadstorm
Site Admin

Re: error when trying to activate MOPs +

Post by toadstorm »

Hello!

You're in luck... I just uploaded a new build of MOPs+ that fixes this bug (2021-01-02). You can get it from the Downloads page.

If for whatever reason you can't download it right now, the temporary fix is to jump inside a Geometry (SOP) network before clicking the Activate button.

Please let me know if this solves the issue. Thanks!

arokhsar

Post by arokhsar »

Thanks for the quick reply! It didn't work for me yet -- I downloaded MOPsPlus_Indie_20210102 and got the same error. I also tried creating a geometry network, diving in and then clicking it but got the same error.

toadstorm
Site Admin

Post by toadstorm »

Hmm, okay. It sounds like there's possibly something else going wrong with the installation process.

If you dive inside a SOP network and hit the Tab menu, do you see MOPs Plus nodes in there? They will throw license errors if you cook them, but you should still be able to see them.

toadstorm
Site Admin

Post by toadstorm »

I think I know what the issue was... assuming you're using MOPs+ Indie, the bug has been fixed. If you re-download version 2021-01-02, it should activate. Please let me know if you're still having any trouble.

arokhsar

Post by arokhsar »

The newest download worked! Thanks for fixing that so quickly. I'm looking forward to using MOPs+!

samjmason

Post by samjmason »

hey!
Having a similiar issue installing, I've got houdini 18.5.462 tried two most recent versions of MOPS+

The attempted operation failed. Invalid node type name

I tried it inside of a sops too. MOPS+ nodes show up but unlicensed.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "activate_tool", line 14, in <module>
File "C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.462/houdini/python2.7libs\houpythonportion\ui.py", line 1081, in decorator
return func(*args, **kwargs)
File "C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.462/houdini/python2.7libs\hou.py", line 13130, in createNode
return _hou.Node_createNode(self, node_type_name, node_name, run_init_scripts, load_contents, exact_type_name, force_valid_node_name)
OperationFailed: The attempted operation failed.
Invalid node type name

toadstorm
Site Admin

Post by toadstorm »

This is a bug caused by Houdini having multiple active network viewers. If you revert to one of the standard Houdini layouts, activation should work as normal. I'll patch this out eventually, it's just not always easy to tell which network viewer is the "right" one to create the activator in.