few instance objects give me radial symmetry effect

Ask questions about how to achieve specific effects, how to work with certain operators, etc.
AndreAndre_1986

few instance objects give me radial symmetry effect

Post by AndreAndre_1986 »

2020-05-08_200928.jpg
2020-05-08_200549.jpg
Mops improvisations 6.rar
Hi, I'm trying to just manipulate my sample, but for some reason it is reflected radially, I understand that this is a technical limitation associated with some attributes, but can I get around it
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

toadstorm
Site Admin

Re: few instance objects give me radial symmetry effect

Post by toadstorm »

It's a bit difficult to tell what's going on just from your description and screenshots. If you can post a reproduction of the problem as a .HIP file, or email it to me personally (henry@motionoperators.com) if it's not public, I'd have an easier time diagnosing it.

My guess is that you're merging multiple object streams together and you have your ID attributes scrambled, or there's more than one object with the same ID. You could fix this by assigning a new ID attribute in a Point Wrangle:

i@id = @ptnum;

toadstorm
Site Admin

Post by toadstorm »

Okay, I just saw that you have a file attachment. Sorry I missed that the first time.

There's a lot of custom tools in your file that I don't have, so it's a bit tricky for me to know for sure what you're seeing.

I substituted some generic pig heads for the geometry you were connecting to that Instancer upstream, and it seems like that Transform Modifier is behaving as expected. What version of MOPs are you using? Is it possible you're using an old build?

Sorry I can't give you a better answer just yet, but there's a lot in this file that I can't see. Maybe you can recreate this problem in a simpler file without the other custom tools in it?

AndreAndre_1986

Post by AndreAndre_1986 »

thanks, yes, most likely the reason was in user tools in the future, I need to be more careful with this and take into account

I will try to recreate this stuff