MOPS+ Shelf Tool Deleted

Can't get MOPs installed? Ask here.
Alan

MOPS+ Shelf Tool Deleted

Post by Alan »

Hi Guys,

I recently purchased an Mops+ indie license. I followed the instructions well, i activated the licence and everything worked fine. I accidentally deleted the mops+ shelf tool. Searched online for solutions and couldn't find any solutions to get the shelf tool back. Even after deleting the mops+ json file from packages etc and reinstalling it, the mops+ shelf never got restored. All the plugins seem to be available except the damn Mops+ Shelftool

Now i cant use the toolset of mops+ at all. Such as typography tool just comes in as an exclamation mark and it says permission denied. Although the camera blender seems to be the only tool that works.
I even tried opening the "MOPS_Activator" from the OTLS folder in mops+ folder. The node did open up but no sign in option came up and also clicking the node triggered a "Permission Denied" message. (See attached for all examples)

What do you guys suggest i do at this stage? also what is the proper way to reinstall Mops+ or did i do the biggest Houdini mistake by deleting the one shelf tool which removed some line of code in the system permanently lmao.

Im on Houdini 18.5.672 also Houdini 19.0.383. Both are the same case. I deleted shelftool in 18.5 and somehow it affected the houdini 19 as well.
Im using MOPsPlus_Indie_20211025

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

toadstorm
Site Admin

Re: MOPS+ Shelf Tool Deleted

Post by toadstorm »

You can't "delete" a shelf by closing it... you just need to add it back to your list of active shelves from the "+" button on the right of the shelf panel.

Regarding the errors you're seeing, my guess is that you're using a Python 2 version of MOPs Plus with a Python 3 version of Houdini, or vice versa. The Houdini window title will tell you if you're using Python 3. If that's the case, just download the latest version of MOPs Plus with the "_py3" suffix in the file name.

Alan

Re: MOPS+ Shelf Tool Deleted

Post by Alan »

toadstorm wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:05 am
You can't "delete" a shelf by closing it... you just need to add it back to your list of active shelves from the "+" button on the right of the shelf panel.

Regarding the errors you're seeing, my guess is that you're using a Python 2 version of MOPs Plus with a Python 3 version of Houdini, or vice versa. The Houdini window title will tell you if you're using Python 3. If that's the case, just download the latest version of MOPs Plus with the "_py3" suffix in the file name.
Oh thank you it was the python 3 problem!! I reinstalled it with py3 version of mops+ and now everything is fixed :) Thank you!!!